It’s that time of year again where Heritage begins to look for a few good men. Not just good men though, we’re looking for godly men – spiritual, wise, and faithful men – who are willing to step up and be servant leaders within our church.
These men are to have proven themselves in their character and in their service to the church. They work closely with our pastors and share the responsibility to lead our church well.
If you are a member of Heritage, you can start walking through the process below for selecting new deacon leadership. (If you are not a member of Heritage, but are interested in becoming one, click here to get started.)
- Familiarize yourself with the deacon qualifications (found in 1 Timothy 3:8-13) and description (found in this document).
- Pray and ask God to lead you to those who will be good deacon leaders.
- Discuss with these men your desire to nominate them and confirm their willingness to be considered.
- Submit their names on the deacon nomination form by October 8. You can do this at the church building, or online here.
- Elect new deacon leaders at our business meeting on December 10.
Strong, godly leadership is vital for Heritage Baptist Church to be all that God desires us to be. Please invest in the future of our church by joining us in this process of identifying new leaders!