Deacons serve a vital biblical role at Heritage. Take a moment to familiarize yourself with the deacon qualifications (found in 1 Timothy 3:8-13) and description (found in this document).
If you are a member of Heritage, you can start walking through the process below for selecting new deacon leadership. (If you are not a member of Heritage, but are interested in becoming one, click here to get started.)
- Familiarize yourself with the deacon qualifications (found in 1 Timothy 3:8-13) and description (found in this document).
- Pray and ask God to lead you to those who will be good deacon leaders.
- Discuss with these men your desire to nominate them and confirm their willingness to be considered.
- Submit their names on the deacon nomination form by October 8. You can do this at the church building, or online here.
- Elect new deacon leaders at our business meeting on December 10.
Our Heritage Baptist Church Deacons for 2017: Reid Anderson, Rich Benedict, Scott Cleveland, Gene Kashuba, Tim Kopp, Paul Rowlands, Wayne Slusser and Dan Tarr.
I trusted Jesus as my Lord & Savior at the age of five, one night after attending Cubbies at Faith Bible Church in Binghamton, NY. I grew up in a Christian family and my love for God’s Word was cultivated at home, at church activities, and attending summer camp since third grade. Upon graduating high […]
I grew up in a family who believed in God, but did not have an active faith. I first trusted Christ at a young age while in vacation Bible school. I really didn’t become fruitful in my faith until I began dating my wife, Lauren. We started attending Northmoreland Baptist Church and began to grow […]
I was born and reared in Northeast Ohio. While growing up, I did not attend a church that preached the gospel message. Upon receiving a degree in landscape architecture from the U. of Oklahoma, I returned to Ohio to work in a landscape design firm. Two important events occurred in my life at this time: […]
I was born a Missionary Kid in San Jose, Costa Rica as my parents were in language school preparing for ministry in South America. The second of three sons, we returned to the States shortly thereafter due to my mom’s health, eventually diagnosed as a malignant brain tumor. So I had to make the painful […]